Affectionately and internally called "Fiber Central" because of the activities and information that find their way into and out of the offices and gallery space, Maine Fiberarts first opened its headquarters at 13 Main Street in Topsham in 2003. This is the place to find out everything you want to know, show or tell about fiber art and farms.
In the Spring of 2007, extensive renovations to our 1840's historical building expanded the space for our administrative office, networking and fiber art exhibitions. Formerly called the "Visitors' Center" and then the "Center/Gallery" we have now expanded into an adjacent building we are calling "The Red Studio."
Here's some of what you will find here...
- Solo exhibitions of new work by Maine fiber artists that change bimonthly;
- A reference library of magazines, books, and videos;
- A bulletin board of events and notices about used equipment for sale;
- Our display of members’ printed materials—brochures, postcards, business cards and announcements;
- Occasional workshops on topics of fiber art and craft;
- Monthly "Fiber Friday" sessions—held the first Friday of each month, from 10 a.m.-noon;
- Impromptu gatherings;
- Our digital image library available to collectors, to the press and to others looking for images of fiber, farms, studios, art and artists;
- Headquarters for distribution of the Maine Fiberarts Tour Map: Studios and Farms
Images in the slideshow below will take a vew seconds to appear.